Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rough Days

Well, a few days ago my uncle was admitted into the hospital.  He's had an awful headache for days, and finally it got to the point where he collapsed in the shower.  He's the toughest guy I know, so for him to admit to that kind of pain is rather unsettling.  At first the doctors felt it was Viral Meningitis, but after testing believe it is an an aneurysm.  I visited the hospital yesterday, and of course his spirits were good.  He's taught me to always be loose and act like a kid for as long as you can, because being an adult isn't nearly as fun.

Normally, I take these things pretty well.  Things happen and go away and you move on.  However, this is the man who introduced me to baseball, and did everything he could to get me to all of my games.  He signed me up for my first pitching lesson when I was 12.  I owe everything I've ever done to him.  So, it's tough to see him in a situation like this.  He's a father figure to me, and all I can do is hope that testing and procedures go well, and that he turns out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment