Monday, September 12, 2011

Birthday Yesterday

Yesterday I turned 20.  Now, that doesn't seem very old to most of you, but I've been a "teen" for 7 years now.  So far, all I've gotten is, "Bet you can't wait until you're 21!!?" I actually, in all reality, I could care less about turning 21.  I'm not a pre-teen girl running around to my older friends looking for alcohol, and it's not that important to me.

Yesterday, I woke up and drove my girlfriend to calling hours for her close-friend's father's calling hours.  It was a sudden loss, and really shook her and her family.  I know the value of family and friends, and it was a no brainer to drive her to see her friend.  I'm pretty easy anyway.  We went to dinner after and I was content.  It doesn't take much to please me.

Anyway, in more important topics: We started Fall Intersquad scrimmages today.  Our starters get two innings then we go to our relievers for three innings or so.  I threw two innings with no hits, two strikeouts, and a walk to a pitcher.  I actually threw really well, and I'm happy with how my mechanics are at this point.  From here on, it's all about putting on weight and velocity before the season comes in Spring.

I'll be updating regularly again now that my life is in order and I'm fully moved into school.  Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment