Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Start Tomorrow

Well, it's Saturday and the suite decided to sleep in.  Rightfully so because we've been hitting the weights hard every morning and it's taken a toll over the week.  I'm taking the day off today for my start tomorrow. I'm very excited to throw, as well as coming off my Freshman year and already being a starter in this league, there's a lot of talent. A LOT.  My approach for tomorrow will be the same as any other start, attack batters and get them confused quickly.  I know enough from my coaching over these past few years to know how to really exploit batters and make effective pitches at the right time.  With wood bats, good pitches will be rewarded with weak slaps and loopy fly balls.  This is unlike the metal bat situation where a terrible swing could be a double up the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment