Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ridiculous Day

Well, on the bright side, it didn't rain.  However, when I got to the field for my start I realized we only had 9 guys, including me.  I had to hit, and I knew that after I threw I would have to play the field.  I threw 5 innings and my pitch count was up.  During the entire game, it seemed like I had no rest.  I would throw, hit and go right back out.  I was dead tired.  The fastball had no velocity and every ball fell in the outfield due to us having pitchers playing the field.  I'm not blaming them, I'm blaming the other players who decided to take the day off.  It hurt our entire team, and made all of us look bad.

This is what frustrates me more than anything, lack of effort.  I was out there playing positions I haven't played in 6 years and hitting.  I went 1 for 4 with an RBI single.  I did the best I could, and that was that.  Those players who decided to be lazy or "hurt" have to live knowing they're not giving 100%.  Statistically, it wasn't my best game, but I gave all the effort I could and had as much fun as I could.

I'm probably gonna head home for this week, and come back next week for my start.  I'll have about 3 weeks left when I get back and it'll be good to see my family and such.  I need a break from this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment