Thursday, July 21, 2011

Regional This Weekend

Well, just got back from another workout.  It is absolutely steaming outside.  The heat index is about 110 degrees and it feels warmer.  I'm thankful the facility is air conditioned because it is unhealthily hot outside.  But, to the main point at hand, our summer league team competes in our regional tournament this weekend.  If we win, we go somewhere far away to play in another tournament.  I don't have all the details yet.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I will be able to attend, as I was selected for jury duty the first week of August.  I couldn't get out of it.  This is what I get for demonstrating my "rights" as everyone calls them.  Hopefully they'll drop me on the first day due to my youthful ignorance of the real world, at least that's the facade I'm trying to put up.  I'll throw in either a start or in relief all weekend, which I'm fine with.  I've been more successful in relief as of late.  This is probably due to batters getting a feel for me the second time around, I need to mix up my sequences more in later innings.  Summer league, in reality, is for staying loose and seeing more talent.  It's tough to stay on a consistent throwing program, and you need to make every appearance count.  In college, you're throwing every day and working on a consistent program, making it easy to stay sharp every appearance.

Stay cool everyone, it's a scorcher out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment