Thursday, September 22, 2011

Solid Day on the Mound

Today was probably the best I've felt in a while on the mound.  Two days ago in the bullpen, something kinda clicked.  I'm using my back half and getting behind the baseball now a lot better than I was.  I'm throwing with a lot better velocity and break on my offspeed pitches as well.  This is really translating onto the mound.

We bumped our starters up to three innings each today, so that was nice.  By the time I was done, I had 6 strikeouts and 1 hit let up.  I haven't let up a run, or even let a runner to third base in our Fall Scrimmages yet, so I feel good and I have a lot of confidence.

Tomorrow will be an off day for me, and I'll probably just lift and get ready for the weekend.  I'm now off to half-price appetizers at Applebee's, as I'm trying to eat everything in sight to put on weight.

On a side note: Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment